Apache Randomly Stopping Every Day

New Fix Here

Recently I have been experiencing apache server stopping randomly from time to time. Myabe due to DDos Atack or some weird event that I can't find in the logs. Maybe some cron job but I have been checking and stopping cron jobs but it has no effect. Also aI have DDos Blocker that blocks Ip Addresses whne they reach a maximum connection so I can't say he problem where IT was originating . Not Band Width Problem Since I have sonic.net at my back.

No Clue At All.

My Setup is Centos 5 with Virtualmin all packages are up to date.

My Fix Was the following:

I have searched for a script / command that will check apache if it is down, I found it somewhere in the web tyou can google it since it's one on the top of the list.
Then I cron job It Every 5 minutes interval so if it fails on the 2nd minute I'm only down on 3 minutes and it will go up again.

The funny thing is it is random so that's why i chose every 5 minutes. I rather choose every hour but it will penalize the server if it gets down 15 minutes on the hour and I will be down for about 45 minutes.

I'm still checking and monitoring the problem hope it goes away.. There is no problem on my configuration since i use default setups and don't compile them sothe system is bare from t he rpm packages.

Maybe this will go away after a http package update I'm waiting for it.
-
Jmaz
- Your Friendly Neighborhood Systems Administrator

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black screen after logging in on Windows 2012 R2 using domain credentials on remote desktop connection

Water Wonder Resort

Client denied by server configuration error